Sunday, September 16, 2012

How Spicy is too Spicy?

There is a trade-off to letting the man of the house take over the kitchen.  Usually, it involves having to drink a lot of milk and chewing a few Peptos.  This is not to say that his cooking is bad, it is to say that sometime it is too spicy....for me.   This was not the case when he whipped up some burritos for dinner this week.  I was home late from work and pleased as punch that he had started dinner.

There was chopping of peppers of all colors, shapes and nationalities.  Into the ground turkey went fresh red and green jalapenos, green bell pepper, red and orange bell peppers, Aji Amarillo pepper powder and Ghost Pepper salt.  "Ow!" my tongue said; "No!!!" my tummy said.

Wrapped in a flour tortilla, with shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream, it was delicious and had a bit of a kick.  With a glass of milk handy, I charged through and it was great, my taste buds humming with glee.  With the right amount of control, extrememly hot things like Ghost Pepper, can be safely eaten and enjoyed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment